02/06/2009

angels, eagles & flamingos - consolidation modules 9-12

Here are the answers:

1 a what it would be like to have missed in a vital penalty shoot-out
b being in prison for a crime they didn't commit
c they were one of the first astronauts in space, back in the 1960s
d they (or the people they know) have won the lottery
e they were one of the first astronauts in space, back in the 1960s
f they (or the people they know) have won the lottery

2 a 1 must feel 2 should/could have hit 3 had put 4 might not/wouldn't have been able
b 5 must be 6 would get 7 could/might/ may even go
c 8 must have been 9 could/might have been 10 would/might/could have been blown
d 11 must be 12 must feel 13 must/would change 14 could/might end up
e 15 had been 16 would have been 17 would have felt
f 18 happened 19 could/might/would be 20 might/could get 21 might/could feel 22 would/might/could happen

Vocabulary

a appointment b biased c chat show d disease e entertaining f fits g Guests h house warming i influential j justification k Live l mind m Neighbours n put o resemble p stain q traffic report r unresolved s vaccination t Weird

1 comment:

marta said...

Ana,
I want to use this blog to thanking you and my class-mates this enjoyable course.
As you can see, it's probably that I don't pass the exam but, it's certain that the hours spent in class aren't a waste of time.
You have managed to do classes funny and interesting and, most days, I have gone out with a smile in my mounth.
Because of this, I would like to say you that you're a excellent teacher (and a excellent person, I guess) and that my partners are great. I've felt like with friends with you.
Thank you!