04/03/2010

Avanzado 1 Review and practice Unit 6

Here are the answers:

1 1 I've been writing 2 saw 3 for 4 been 5 ever 6 I've lived 7 's been working 8 just

2 1 He's already phoned me three times today.
2 We went to India for three weeks last summer.
3 I've just seen a really fantastic musical.
4 Have you heard the news yet?
5 I've been decorating the living room all day.
6 I've known my best friend since primary school.
7 Have you ever read the Lord of the Rings books?
8 How long have you been studying English?

3 1 How long have you had your motorbike?
2 What's she going to study at university?
3 How tall are you?
4 Can you reach that box on the top shelf for me?

4 1 Can you tell me/ Can I ask you what time this shop closes?
2 I'd like to know if I can buy theatre tickets here.
3 Would you tell me what time you'll finish your homework?
4 Can you tell me what the most interesting country you've ever visited is?

5 1 much 2 worst 3 as 4 most 5 quite 6 friendly 7 a 8 best

6 1 putting -> setting 2 scratchy -> itchy 3 make -> have 4 of -> with 5 speaking -> saying 6 country -> culture 7 to -> on 8 away -> off

3 comments:

Gema said...

Dear Ana,

After checking the answer for review topic 6, I have 2 doubts in exercise 2:

a) Why in sentence number 4 it is not negative?. I though that YET in a question was always with negative

b)Could I say in sentence number 6 "I knew my best friend at Primary school"?

I'm waiting forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Gema (Advanced I)(Group D)

Ana Franco Cottle said...

Hi Gema,

a) 'Yet' is used in negatives and questions. The question doesn't have to be a negative one.

b) If you want to use the past simple in that sentence, you should use 'meet' instead of 'know': I met my best friend at primary school.

I hope it's been useful.
Ana

Unknown said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
(BBQ)Brick Barbecue Grill and Garden Ornaments