05/02/2013

Avanzado 1 - Revise & Check Unit 3

Here are the answers:

GRAMMAR
a 1 Not only did we see the sights 2 I think he might have got lost 3 correct 4 The waiter probably didn't notice 5 it's time you went to bed 6 correct 7 correct 8 must be making 9 correct 10 I'd rather you came

b 1 to arrive 2 were we 3 to have heard 4 had they got/ did they get 5 hadn't bought 6 be trying 7 started 8 had I seen 9 work 10 you didn't park

VOCABULARY
a 1 bite my tongue 2 beyond her means 3 behind my back 4 cost a fortune 5 spends money like water 6 can't make ends meet
b 1 slammed 2 whispered 3 whistled 4 sighed 5 rattled 6 screeched
c 1 buzz 2 drip 3 small talk 4 thought-provoking 5 bland 6 fare 7 shares 8 budget 9 fee 10 intriguing
d 1 wealthy 2 implausible 3 tight-fisted 4 penniless 5 vast 6 adhere to 7 profoundly 8 vast

2 comments:

conchita said...

Ana, Is it posible in GRAMMAR- b-8- hte answer "did I see" analogue to 4?

Grammar a-b I think there is a mistake and is "must be baking" instead "must be making" or is it "must be baken"?

Thank you very much

Ana Franco Cottle said...

No, it's not possible as the idea is 'never before that moment in the past'.

You're right. It should be 'must be baking' although 'must be making' also makes sense.