31/10/2008

ALLIGATORS - REVIEW & PRACTICE - UNIT 1

Here are the answers. If you have any questions, you can write them down in a comment.

1. 1 faced 2 daunting 3 babbling 4 pick up 5 relied on 6 distinguished from 7 lacking in 8 benefited from 9 succeeded in 10 intelligible

2. 1 ... seems to HAVE abandoned its research... 2 ... is said TO be recovering... 3 It IS believed...
4 ... appears to HAVE finally retired ... 5 it seems AS if summer is really coming.

3. 1 By the time she finishes her degree, she will have been at the university ten years. 2 He was delighted when they told him he had got the job. 3 I feel healthier niw that I have taken up kickboxing. 4 Where were you? I've been waiting here for an hour. 5 It was a shock when i saw him. I would have expected to see a big man, but he was tiny. 6 When she got to work, she found out she had been fired. 7 Hi John! We've just been talking about you! 8 It's 9:00. Mandy will have landed at Heathrow Airport by now. 9 correct 10. We'll have used up all the world's oil long before 2100.

4. 1 Yes, I know it like the back of my hand. 2 I don't know offhand, but not many. 3 I know next to nothing about it. 4 Never, as far as I'm concerned. 5 I've never heard of him. 6 I can't tell you off the top of my head.

No comments: